I had to go to the doctor on Monday to take a Diabetes test. I went in and had to drink some orange drink in five min. and because I was so hungry it was not that hard. I thought they would then take some blood and then I would be done, but to my surprise she told me I had to wait an hour and then she would take my blood. The nurse told me that I could go home if I would like but just make sure I was back in an hour and not to put anything in my mouth. Which of course then you are dying of thirst and hunger. I really did not know how I was going to make it. This was a pregnant woman who now had not had anything to eat for 6 hours. I got home and laid on the couch to watch a little TV before heading back up to the doctor. They took my blood and then told me that they would call if there was anything abnormal, but if I didn't hear anything then it was all good.
Well...Yesterday I looked at my phone after I sent the kids home and I had a message to call the doctor and of course then I start think of anything and everything bad that they could have to say. What was I going to do if they told me I was diabetic and not to eat sugar. Micah would not want to live with me if that happened. So I called them back and they did not answer so I left a message and after waiting an hour I began calling every 15 min. I just could not handle not knowing what they were going to tell me. After the fifth call I finally got to talk to the nurse and thank goodness she told me my glucose level was great and that it was my iron was low do the doctor wanted me to start taking an iron pill.
So to wrap up this long story everything is ok and I just need a little more iron. I do have more energy now that I am taking it. I just thought I was so tired because of the baby!
jaxon: nine months
11 years ago





that is scary when you can't get them after they leave a message. i'm glad that everything turned out to be fine though. i was anemic at my glucose test too... and so i started taking an iron pill and MAN, that did the trick. i feel so good in the afternoons now - when before i was so tired. i wished that they had tested me for that when i was pg w/ masyn, b/c i'm pretty sure that's why i was so tired all the time. anyways, i'm glad that you are feeling better and that everything was great!!!
ReplyDeleteI know the crazy thing is that I come home from school and don't need a nap anymore. I think I might be driving Micah crazy because now I come in and talk his head off. I am sure he is wishing that I would start napping again. :)
ReplyDelete